Thursday, April 19, 2007

Time and Organization

So, I've been working a full time job and working freelance seriously for about 4 months now and I've been wondering about a few things.

I'd really like to know how other people who hold a day job and work at home manage their time. Do you have a set schedule or do you just give 'er heck when the inspiration does strike? Do you give yourself a minimum word count goal to hit every day or do you just write until it stops?

I have several projects that I'm working on right now. One is writing SEO optimized articles (or as some call it "google bombing"). I also write fiction and manage to come up with about 1000-2000 words a week. Then I have my website where I have to update, build, edit, and promote it. And of course my various blogs. Which always need to be maintained and promoted as well. That's what I do at night.

During the day I work a 9-5 desk job. Not fun, but it pays the bills.
And let's not forget the two pre-teens who need constant attention between the hours of 5:30 to about 9:30. Just because they are getting older doesn't mean they don't need attention, right! In fact, maybe more!

So how do you manage your time?

No comments: