Monday, April 30, 2007

Got a new GIG!

Remember last night I said that I had an offer for a gig that I had to turn down because I was working on a deadline? Well the writing gods must have been smiling at me as I did the honorable thing and told him I couldn't do it this time because I had a prior commitment. I know some writers might have thought, "But this pays more! I'll just get them to postpone this for a day or two..." but that's just not my work ethic. It's the same thing when my fiance was scratching a lottery ticket and asked me if I would stay home from work tomorrow if he scratched the biggest prize. I said I couldn't. Other people were depending on me. I couldn't let them down just because we'd be rich.

So, I think the writing gods were proud of me. I got an email just after I came home from work today saying they'd gotten an extension of 9 more days. I was offered a sizable amount for less work than I've put into projects that paid only a quarter of that. I'm so excited! I want to do them all tonite.

I won't though because I pushed it last night until I couldn't see the screen anymore and then pushed it a little longer; then I went to bed for 3 hours, got up and finished it off. Amazing what a few hours sleep will do!

Anyway, I have another blog to write and maybe a couple hours of work and then I'm going to try to get some sleep tonight.

Be well all!

No comments: