Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Living

I finished a series of 50 articles about cats. I now know more than I ever possibly imagined I could know about cats!

But the satisfaction of completing those articles is great. I had to push it on the last night because a couple phone calls go out of hand, I had kid issues, and life basically appeared. I had to work until 4 a.m. to get those articles done, but I did it. My eyes could barely focus on the page as I zipped them and sent them to my editor. But, I did push past the pain and it got done.

I'm learning that life does happen and it usually happens when you have a lot of work to do. Kitten are born (in the wee hours on the morning in my closet this morning!), children need to do last minute projects and they need to be disciplined. Family needs attention and plans have to be made (for weddings coming up in 6 weeks!). Life keeps happening and that is wonderful.

Somehow, you have to find a way to balance it all. Write when you can because sometimes you just can't and then you have to work past the pain even if you know you have to be up to get to the day job in 4 hours. Don't put off tomorrow what you can do today because tomorrow you might not be able to do as much as you planned or you might not be able to at all.

I'm learning and I love it!

No comments: