Sunday, April 29, 2007

Reaching Deep

I am reaching deep for the incentive and the desire to write some more. I am currently sitting a between 6,000 - 7,000 words for the day and I somehow need to pull out another 3,000 - 4,000 words before I can go to bed. There is not choice here. I have to do it because someone is depending on me and I made a promise. Writers can't go back on their promise.

So, how to you find that little extra something to go the extra mile? I've tried taking a break. That worked for a time. I've tried taking a blogging break. That's good for about 500 words. My time is not efficient right now and I know it. At this rate I'll be up for another 4 hours when it should really only take 3. Either way it is going to be a late night.

I had a good opportunity to take on another writing gig today but had to turn this one down because I just don't have the time. His deadline was tomorrow at 5. If I didn't have the day job I could have done it. Oh well, in time, in time.

Oh, and I have to get a blog ready for my new blog, Between the Sheets. This is a new blog about sex and relationships and I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes. It already has a following from the previous blogger so hopefully they will continue reading. I've never blogged with a company before so it should be interesting and challenging.

Ok. Deep breath. Gulp of coffee. Reach real deep. And off I go...

No comments: